Although you and your family’s comfort throughout the hot season is at stake, just like most homeowners, you only agree to invest in an air conditioner tune-up or repair when you have no other option – when the system fails completely, or your AC unit no longer cools your home, or your energy bills skyrocket. Acknowledging and addressing issues early can make your system more efficient.
Procrastinating to get your system checked when it’s having a possible problem is a huge mistake, one that could cost you a fortune in the future. The best thing you can do to ensure your thermal comfort, peace of mind, and financial stability, is to get periodical maintenance and adequate care also for your heating system from a trained professional who can inspect the system to make sure it is functioning properly, troubleshoot potential issues, and replace faulty parts if needed.
A few interventions that could help save a lot of money in the long run include: diagnosing refrigerant leaks, inspecting thermostat settings, cleaning the condenser, and checking the ducts for any blockages or damage.
- Air filter cleaning
- Air filter replacements
- Duct cleaning
- Coil cleaning
How Regular Air Filter Cleaning Helps You Avoid High Electricity Bills and Huge Air Conditioner Repair Costs
As mentioned above, most air conditioner maintenance routines involve cleaning and replacing air filters. These routine tasks, or “tips” for maintaining your unit’s longevity, are integral to its proper functioning. The filters clean the air in your home, prevent dust and debris accumulation in the evaporator coil, and secure the efficient use of refrigerant.
If the filters get clogged, they may obstruct airflow and thus force the air conditioner to work more in order to provide the same results. The device will use more energy and will see more wear and tear.
Statistics show that clean air filters account for energy savings between 5% and 15%. Add to that the cost of expensive air conditioner repair that will surely become necessary if you continue to overtax your system, and you begin to understand what is at stake. But the benefits of regular maintenance and timely performed small repairs do not stop here.
Other Benefits of Regular Air Conditioner and Heating Maintenance
If left unattended, the efficiency of your air conditioner and heating unit decreases by 5% a year. Regular maintenance has been proven to double air conditioner systems’ lifespan. And if the long-term performance of the device is not among your priorities, just think of what its failure in the middle of a hot summer day or a frigid winter evening would mean for you and anyone living in that home.
You can live with the fear of coming back from work and finding your home turned into a sauna, or you can take measures and ensure your peace of mind, especially since these measures, as shown above, will save you money.
But your health is more important than your finances, your comfort or your peace of mind, and it often depends on the air conditioner as well. Poor air quality is associated with numerous health risks, from mild allergies to asthma and other problems of the respiratory system and even of your skin. Just think of all the dust, allergens, and microorganisms your air conditioner filters and heating unit filters every minute and you begin to see the big picture.
Of course, the list of regular air conditioner maintenance benefits does not stop here, but let us review the most important ones before moving on to how you can ensure adequate maintenance.
Five valuable benefits of regular maintenance:
- It helps prevent costly air conditioner repair needs;
- It reduces energy costs;
- It prolongs the system’s lifespan;
- It improves system performance and, thus, air quality;
- It keeps your home environment safe and comfortable.
Finding the Best Air Conditioner Maintenance Service
The best air conditioner maintenance services are not necessarily the cheapest, so, when you start checking out various contractors in your area, consider other aspects as well, not just the price of their services. Here are a few ideas:
- Make sure they are licensed, insured and bonded – This allows you to prevent accidents from happening on your property or exempts you from any responsibility if they do. More than that, should the service provider cause any damage to your property, you will be reimbursed.
- Check their background – You want your air conditioner serviced by professionals with experience and expertise in the field, with highly-qualified and reliable employees, not by some amateurs guessing their way around your costly home investments.
- Check their reputation – It is difficult to assess someone’s competence if you are not an expert in the field, but knowing how satisfied their previous customers were will surely help.
- Make sure they provide a warranty – When you spend money on a product or service, you want to know you will enjoy its benefits for a long time, and that is what warranty offers. It is your right to be protected in case the work you paid for was poorly performed or the materials used lacked quality.
- Look for a company that provides 24/7 assistance – Bad things happen when you least expect them, so it is important to have someone to call and rely on when they do.
The Cooling Company offers all the above and more. With years of experience in the field and a solid reputation in the Las Vegas area, we take 24/7 emergency calls and we provide excellent regular maintenance services.
Our technicians will not rest until they see any air conditioner repair completed in the best conditions and your system functioning as new. Just call (702) 567-0707. or schedule an intervention using our online appointment form and all your air conditioning and heating unit problems will be over!