It might still be a little chilly, but the hot weather will be rolling into the Vegas valley before you know it. Soon enough, you will have to run your air conditioning all day to receive comfort from the heat. That is why it’s a good idea to get your. Our skilled cooling technicians examine local Vegas families’ air conditioners to ensure they are working at optimal levels.
Air conditioners are like any other machine—they need regular maintenance to continue performing at their best. One of the most significant benefits of having our professional team come to your house for your AC tune-up is that it allows us to spot warning signs early on and make simple repairs or replacements before they become expensive repairs. After all, it’s better to replace a belt than an entire unit! Regular maintenance can also help extend the life of your central air conditioner, saving you money in the long run.
If you’re still not convinced that having your air conditioner checked by an expert is worth it, consider these signs that indicate you may need an AC check-up:
- Your air conditioner isn’t cooling as well as it used to
- There are leaks coming from the unit
- It takes longer than usual for your home to cool down
- The air coming out of the vents isn’t cold enough
- The temperature in your home is inconsistent
- Your monthly energy bill has increased dramatically
- You hear strange or loud noises coming from the unit
These could be signs that your AC is working harder than necessary.
Benefits of Getting Your Air Conditioner Checked by One of Our HVAC Technicians
It Will Lower Your Utility Costs
One of the main benefits of getting your air conditioner checked is that it can lower your monthly energy bill. A qualified cooling specialist will give your air conditioner a thorough inspection and determine the efficiency of your air conditioner. Often a homeowner doesn’t realize there’s a problem until they receive that first outrageous power bill. Regular professional maintenance can avoid this. Once the bill has increased drastically, it is usually too late. The power company won’t adjust your bill because you missed scheduling the regular professional maintenance of your HVAC system. Also, the damage is already done to your equipment, and likely leading to a larger bill to fix the problem. If the HVAC system is not working as efficiently as it should, the chances are you need to call The Cooling Company. Our trained technician will determine the problem and fix it, which will help with the energy efficiency of the unit.
It Will Prevent Breakdowns
Nothing is worse than your air conditioner breaking down on the hottest day of the year. However, if you spend the extra time and money to get your air conditioner checked in the beginning, you can prevent this expensive and stressful problem from occurring.
It Can Make Your Air Conditioner Last Longer
Another benefit of getting an air conditioner tune-up is that it will help the unit last much longer. Our cooling tech will thoroughly examine your air conditioning system and address any challenges. The Cooling Company will also perform general maintenance checks and changes.
It Can Keep You and Your AC Unit Healthy
A dirty air conditioner is a good place for mold and mildew to grow. Our technicians can check for mold by spraying the surface area of your AC with water and letting it dry. If there are dark spots or discoloration, the surfaces of the AC unit may be contaminated with mold. It is recommended to clean the moldy surfaces or replace them altogether. An AC that isn’t working correctly causes problems during the summer months because it doesn’t cool your house down fast enough.
You Can Do Several Things to Improve Your Air Conditioner’s Efficiency
Most homeowners end up paying more than they need to for air conditioning simply because they’re not maintaining their systems. By taking simple steps to maintain your system, you can lower energy usage and save money. Here are some tips for keeping your cooling system in good condition.
- If the air filter is dirty, you need to replace it with a new one. If there is too much dirt and dust in the air filter, your air conditioner will have to work twice as hard to reach optimal performance. When changing filters, use the type recommended by the manufacturer. Make sure you’re changing filters regularly. The filter catches the dirt and other particles that would otherwise clog up the system. A dirty filter makes it difficult for air to move through to your blower fan, which could cause it to overheat. Without a clean filter, the system has to work harder to push air through; that means it will use more energy, and you’ll spend more money paying utility bills. The best way to know if your filter needs changing is by checking it once a month during the summer season and replacing it when you see dirt buildup or notice that it feels clogged. Then change it out again at least once every three months during the peak cooling season (May-September).
- Have the ducts professionally cleaned.
- It’s essential to have your AC inspected and tuned up before the weather turns hot. A tune-up in the fall before you put it away for the season is a good investment too. To ensure the efficiency of your air conditioning system, contact The Cooling Company. An experienced professional will come to your home or business, thoroughly assess your air conditioning system, and offer suggestions to keep your unit operating at peak performance throughout the warm Las Vegas spring and summer months.
- Keep the area around your outdoor unit clear of debris and plants. All the debris and leaves collected on the top of the AC unit over the winter months should be removed. Airflow is vital for an AC to work correctly; anything blocking the vents on the side of the unit should be removed. If any debris is hard to clean with a broom, try using a garden hose instead. In addition to cleaning up the outside of your AC, give the inside unit some love. To do this, open up the cover and get rid of any dust or dirt accumulated inside over time.
- Check the condenser coils regularly and clean them as needed.
- Inspect ductwork for leaks and cracks and have them repaired if necessary.
- Inspect the electrical components and have them serviced.
- If you have pets, keep their fur away from the unit’s intake valve. Pets shed hair all year round
so make sure you keep an eye out for tiny hairs that might clog up your system if they get inside the vents.
Here are Some of the Things Included in an AC Tune-Up:
The best way to avoid spending extra money on your air conditioner is by taking care of it properly. You will see the long-term benefit from caring for your AC unit with our team checking in with you throughout the year.
A routine professional check includes the following and more:
- Checking for refrigerant leaks – if there is a refrigerant leak, cool air is escaping from the unit without cooling down your home. A refrigerant leak will cause your AC to work harder than usual to cool off your home, wasting energy and raising your utility bill. Your technician will check for leaks and refill the refrigerant as needed.
- Replacing the air filter – an old or dirty air filter can strain your air conditioner, forcing it to use more energy to push cool air through the blockage. During an AC inspection, your technician will replace old filters with new ones so that they don’t affect the efficiency of your AC unit.
- Test overall system operation.
- Inspect electrical wiring and connections.
- Clean evaporator coil if accessible.
- Service condenser unit.
- Lubricate all moving parts as needed.
- Check compressor amps and volts.
Just like your car needs an oil change every 3000 miles, don’t forget that all air condition models need some love too! You can’t expect a car to run smoothly if you never give it any attention; the same is valid for your home’s air conditioner. A quick check-up every spring will help you avoid the discomfort and high costs of a broken system, improve energy efficiency, extend the life of your system, and keep you cooler when it’s hot outside. Without proper maintenance, your air conditioner will work harder than it needs to provide you with cool air, costing you more in the long run.
How To Know When Something is Wrong with Your AC
There’s a lot of good advice out there on the internet about keeping your air conditioner running smoothly, but the truth is that you don’t have to be an HVAC expert to know when something with your AC isn’t going as it should. So, whether you’re just noticing it’s louder than usual, think you smell something weird, or maybe it’s not keeping up as well as it used to, there are plenty of things that can tell you when it’s time for an air conditioner tune-up.
While some people might believe they need to wait until their system stops working before calling for repair, in reality, if you’re having any issues, you should get them taken care of right away. Not only is ignoring problems with your air conditioner terrible for its health and longevity, but putting off repairs can quickly lead to higher energy bills and even more significant expenses in the long run. Putting off repairs can also void your warranty.
Here are a few common signs that indicate your system might need a tune-up:
- You hear strange noises coming from your AC. Squeaks and squeals aren’t normal sounds for an AC system to make. It could mean there are worn parts or loose screws that need attention.
- It’s blowing warm air or not blowing much at all.
- It’s too old or hasn’t been serviced in years.
- You don’t know when it was last serviced.
- Its compressor or fan isn’t working properly.
- Its coils are leaking refrigerant.
- It has a buildup of ice or condensation on its inside unit.
- You have high monthly electric bills.
- Your air conditioner cycles on and off frequently.
- The thermostat doesn’t seem accurate.
- It smells funny.
- The unit isn’t cooling the room evenly.
No one likes the feeling of being too hot or uncomfortable. If you’ve ever had to endure a scorching summer day without your air conditioner, you know exactly how unbearable it can be. You can feel yourself slowing down and growing irritable, and even worse, you can develop health problems such as dehydration, heat exhaustion, and heatstroke. The bottom line is that no one should have to go through that discomfort. That discomfort makes it so important to have your air conditioner regularly inspected to always be comfortable and safe during the summer.
It’s always good to check your air conditioner each fall and spring to make sure it’s ready for its yearly run. Keeping it running optimally can keep you cool and save you considerable sums of money in the long run. It may be tempting to wait until you feel hotter weather on the horizon, but don’t wait—be proactive, check the above items ahead of time, and ensure that you stay cool all summer long!
Air conditioner maintenance and repair are essential, especially for homeowners who want to save money in the long run. So get yours checked out today, if you haven’t already, and get ready for a Vegas hot summer!
offers comprehensive from condenser cleaning to tune-ups and everything in between. Keep your air conditioner working like new all year! Call now to schedule your annual AC maintenance. Our HVAC professionals are experts in repair services. We want to help you cut your energy costs, improve your systems efficiency, fortify your indoor air quality, and lengthen the lifespan of your AC unit. Let us help you with the details on how to get your annual maintenance during the early summer months. Call The Cooling Company at (702) 567-0707.