When winter arrives in Las Vegas, you rely on your home heating equipment to provide you and your family with comfort and warmth during the cool months ahead. To make sure that your furnace is always up for the challenge, contact The Cooling Company for annual maintenance.
A system tune-up by our home comfort specialists will deliver a wide range of benefits that include:
- Reduced energy bills
- Reliable temperature control
- System longevity
- Fewer repairs
Preventative maintenance will keep your furnace running at maximum capacity and peak efficiency, which saves you money while delivering peace of mind.
*Servicing Las Vegas, Henderson and areas near Paradise, Green Valley, Whitney Ranch, Silverado Ranch, Seven Hills and Boulder Highway.
The Importance of Heating Maintenance
Dirt is hard on your home heating system. When it builds up in your ductwork, clogs your air filter, or infiltrates the cabinet, potential outcomes include:
- Poor indoor air quality
- Reduced airflow
- Motor damage due to burnout
The US Environmental Protection Agency recommends that homeowners arrange for an HVAC contractor to perform an annual pre-season checkup of your system. You don’t want to be faced with a sudden breakdown and be forced to wait for a replacement component on the coldest night of the year!
By thoroughly inspecting the condition of your ductwork, performing a complete cleaning, testing your system controls, and lubricating all moving parts, our HVAC professionals will both save you money and ensure that your heating system is operating safely. Even minor problems have been known to result in gas leaks and dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
21-Point Heating Maintenance Checklist
A maintained heating system is a safe system
Various minor issues can arise that can reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system. These small issues can put a strain on your furnace and lead to damaging and costly repairs. It is best to have these heating problems addressed by a professional HVAC technician with annual heating maintenance inspections.
During these inspections, you can trust The Cooling Company to:
- Visually inspect furnace for oil deposits, debris, etc. Apply pressure gauges to check operating pressures.
- Inspect thermostat function and wiring. Ensure thermostat accuracy.
- Inspect ducting and ventilation. Change 1 Inch filters or specialty filters (if applicable).
- Check return and supply air temperatures.
- Take a reading of the defrost cycle / supplemental heating and ensure it is at factory specifications.
- Check superheat.
- Collect amperage and voltage from the blower motor.
- Check blower motor function as well as belt tension.
- Inspect Blower assembly and bearings.
- Clean blower wheel and blower motor with vacuum.
- Inspect and clean flame sensor.
- Visually inspect gas line for leaks and that the shut-off valve is functional.
- Check gas pressures for manufacturer specifications.
- Inspect ignitor/pilot light for discoloration and efficiency.
- Visually inspect the exterior of heat exchanger.
- Check furnace exhaust for proper airflow.
- Check internal heat exchanger for cracks or discoloration.
- Inspect the contactor connection and electrical components.
- Check hi-limit safety.
- Follow wiring / electrical connections and ensure proper placement.
- Inspect disconnect box, confirm correct wire size and tighten connections.
At the end of every maintenance visit, our professional technicians will review all findings and recommend additional services or upgrades that can help you get the most out of your heating and cooling equipment. For example, if you have an old-style thermostat, replacing it with a programmable one could save you upwards of 10% on your yearly energy costs.
The certified HVAC technicians at The Cooling Company will recognize and address any potential problems to ensure that you have dependable access to heating when you need it. Our team services all makes and models and will satisfy your warranty’s maintenance requirements to ensure ongoing coverage. For more information, call (702) 790-8277.
Frequently Asked Questions
- an increase in utility bills
- uneven heating
- humidity and comfort problems
- frequent cycling
- frequent repairs
- rust or corrosion
- unusual or loud noises
- a flickering or yellow pilot flame
When in doubt, give us a call at (702) 790-8277 and we’ll make sure to get you up and running with your unit.