As we get into the summer months, you might be thinking about ways to keep your apartment building’s air conditioner running efficiently. We can help!
Signs Your Apartment Building’s AC Needs Servicing
If your apartment building’s AC is not operating at peak efficiency, it could cost you a lot of money. It’s important to know some common signs that the AC needs servicing.
A high utility bill is the first sign that your apartment building’s AC needs servicing. If your utility bills are higher than usual, your unit may have an issue. The second sign that your apartment building AC needs servicing is an error code on the thermostat or the system itself. You can check this by pressing the reset button on the thermostat or unplugging and re-plugging the unit into an outlet. If an error code is displayed, there is something wrong with the unit, and it should be serviced by a professional immediately! These are just two of the most common signs that your apartment building AC needs servicing. However, if you notice any other unusual behavior from your unit, contact us today so we can help!
Your apartment building AC is an important part of your home. It keeps you cool when it’s hot, and it helps you stay warm in the winter. However, what happens when your AC stops working?
If you have residents living in a Las Vegas apartment building, then you know that it can get pretty hot. Therefore, you need to ensure your AC is working properly to stay comfortable at home.
If you notice any of these signs, then it’s time to call a professional:
- The air is blowing out hot air
- Your apartment feels stuffy or humid
- The air smells like mildew or mold
- You see a puddle of water in front of the building
- The air coming out of your vents feels warm
- The air coming out of your vents smells musty or damp
- Your electricity bill is higher than normal
Signs It’s Time for an AC Upgrade in You’re Apartment Building
If you haven’t considered an AC upgrade for your Las Vegas apartment building in a while, it may be time to take a look at all the benefits that come with it.
If you’ve been feeling that your AC system is running inefficiently or just not cooling your apartment building like it used to, there are some signs that it’s time for an upgrade.
- When your AC starts, it makes funny noises
- When your unit stops working altogether
- When you go outside and see all the other units in your building are nice and cool while the apartment is blasting away at full power and still not cooling off the place
- Your current AC system is more than ten years old
- You’re experiencing major problems with your cooling systems, like mold growth or leaks from the unit itself, which can lead to more costly repairs down the road
- You notice that your tenants aren’t as happy as they used to be about staying in their apartments during the summer months
- You’re having trouble keeping up with maintenance and repairs on the current system
- You’ve had to replace parts due to wear and tear on the existing system
10 Tips to Improve AC Efficiency in Las Vegas Apartment Buildings
1. Make Sure Your Filter Is Clean.
If you live in Las Vegas, you probably know that air conditioning is taxed more than anything else. So, any way you can cut down on your AC usage is a good thing!
One easy way to do this is to ensure your filter is clean. If it’s clogged up with dust and debris, it won’t be able to do its job either. Your AC system will have to work harder, which equals more money out of your pocket.
If you own an apartment building, there’s a good chance that your AC system is running pretty much all summer long. The result? A buildup of dirt and grime on the filters can lead to all sorts of problems for your system.
Here’s how to keep your filter clean:
- Check the filter every month and make sure it’s not clogged with dust or pet hair, etc. These items can block the airflow.
- If you see any dirt buildup on the filter, take it out and hose it down with water (or use a soft-bristle brush if necessary), then let it dry completely before replacing it in your AC unit. This process should be repeated every month or so during peak season.
2. Keep the Fan on Auto Mode
The AC unit in your Las Vegas apartment building is working hard to keep everyone cool, but it’s also working harder than it needs to.
Here are some quick tips for making sure your AC is as efficient as possible:
- Keep the fan on auto mode
- Turn off vents in unused rooms
Las Vegas is a city that can make you feel like you’re living in a sauna, especially in an apartment building.
Luckily, there are some easy ways to keep your AC running at peak efficiency:
-First of all, keep the fan on auto mode. If you don’t know what this means, it’s okay! We’ll walk you through it: Just look at your thermostat and find the button with a fan icon. Then press it until it says “auto.” That’s it! Now all your fans will automatically turn on when your apartment gets too hot or cold.
-Second of all, try not to use any appliances that put off heat. This includes things like hair dryers and irons. You can even get by without turning on your stove if you’re willing to eat something like BBQ from the grill outside!
3. Clean the Coils Regularly
The first thing to do is take a look at the coils. Those are the part of the AC that cools down the air and sends it through your vents. They’re usually located near the bottom of the unit. They can get dirty quickly, especially if you have an older building.
If you see any dirt or dust on them (or if they’re just grimy), give them a good scrubbing with warm water and mild soap. You can use baking soda to provide them with a deeper cleanse!
4. Check the Coolant Level
AC efficiency in Las Vegas apartments can be improved by checking the coolant level and adding more if needed.
The coolant level should be checked regularly to ensure the AC is not losing too much water. By looking at the coolant reservoir, you can tell when it needs more. The reservoir is visible underneath your air conditioner. It may be helpful to use a flashlight or headlamp so that you can clearly see inside the reservoir.
If you see that there isn’t enough coolant left in the reservoir, you will want to add more. You don’t want to overfill it, though. Just add enough so that there is about an inch left when you’re done filling up.
5. Use Ceiling Fans
Instead of running an air conditioner to circulate warm air throughout the room, use your ceiling fans. In Las Vegas, the weather is warm year-round. You might think that your air conditioner is always on. It’s better for your AC efficiency to use ceiling fans instead of running the air conditioner to circulate warm air throughout the room.
Here are some reasons why:
- You don’t have to turn the thermostat up as high when you’re using ceiling fans instead of an air conditioner, which means it will run less often and be more efficient.
- Ceiling fans keep you cool without making your home cold or drafty. They circulate the warm air around the room without having to make direct contact with your skin, so they’re perfect for hot desert nights!
6. Replace Old or Damaged Ducts with New Ones
The first thing that you can do is replace old or damaged ducts with new, more efficient ones. This will help to ensure the air flows through more efficiently and will cool down your home more quickly when you turn on the air conditioning
7. Seal Any Air Leaks Around Doors and Windows
Air leaks around doors and windows can cause significant energy loss in your Las Vegas apartment building. The best way to address this issue is to seal the leaks using weather stripping or caulking. This will help you improve the efficiency of your AC system and reduce your utility bills.
8. Keep Windows Closed When the AC Is On
Keeping your windows closed when the AC is running will help keep the cool air inside your building instead of letting it escape outside where it’s hot already!
If you live in Las Vegas, you know how important it is to keep your AC running as efficiently as possible. Like most people, you probably have a window in your apartment, and the temptation to open the windows while the AC unit is running is strong. However, don’t give in to that temptation! Opening your windows while the AC is on will let out the cool air inside your building. Unfortunately, then your AC will continue to run and has to work harder to heat your space. That creates greater energy costs and more time spent waiting for your space to cool down again, all while letting the air escape.
So next time you get that urge to open those windows, remember: keeping them closed will help save money and ensure your home stays nice and cool all summer long.
9. Use a Programmable Thermostat
You can set it to turn on before you get home from work or school in the summertime, then turn it off automatically when it gets dark outside or when no one is home during the winter. This helps save energy costs in AC efficiency.
The AC is one of the largest energy consumers in Las Vegas apartment buildings and can be responsible for up to 50% of your monthly utility bill. You can improve efficiency in many ways, but one of the easiest is using a programmable thermostat.
Programmable thermostats allow you to set different temperatures at different times of day and night, which helps save energy costs. In addition, these devices provide information about your current usage patterns so that you can adjust things accordingly and save more money on heating and cooling bills.
If your building has multiple units or floors, consider installing an advanced system that allows you to control all units from one. This will allow you to monitor everything from one location instead of going room by room when checking air flow or humidity levels.
10. Don’t Run Your Air Conditioner When It Has Broken Down or Needs Repairs
How do you know if your unit is broken? Check the compressor. If it’s not making noise or spinning, there’s something wrong with it. If there are any other problems with your AC unit, they’ll usually show up when you try to use them.
There are many other signs that your unit might be broken:
- The temperature in your home goes up or down too fast
- The air feels hot and dry even though the thermostat reads cool
- There is a burning smell coming from inside or outside the house
- You hear loud noises coming from inside or outside of the house
Why You Should Choose The Cooling Company (TCC) to Service the AC System in Your Apartment Building
Are you a property owner in Las Vegas? Do you have an apartment building to service? If so, you are probably looking for a good AC service company to help you out. If so, then you should choose TCC air conditioning to service the AC system in your apartment building.
TCC air conditioning has been servicing AC systems in Las Vegas apartment buildings since 2011. We have many satisfied customers who have been using our services for years. We use only the best quality products and provide excellent customer service at affordable prices. You can check out our website or call us at (702) 917-3339 for more information about what we do and how we can help you keep your AC running smoothly.
- A highly trained and experienced team of technicians certified by the EPA and the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- A variety of packages, so you can choose the right one for your needs.
- Free estimates on installations!
Whether you’re a resident or a property owner, keeping your apartment building’s AC system in top working order is important. This can make all the difference between a comfortable home and an unbearable one.
At TCC, we offer AC services for Las Vegas apartment buildings that can help you maintain your air conditioners’ efficiency and performance. In addition, our technicians are licensed and insured, so you can rest assured that your apartment building is in good hands.
Whether it’s routine maintenance or an emergency repair, we’ll get the job done right and quickly! In fact, our team of experts has over 50 years of experience in the Las Vegas area. We’ve seen just about everything when it comes to HVAC issues. So, whether your problem is simple or complex, we’ll know how to fix it fast! Contact us today!